Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Jumping on board with Web 2.0 training


Well I guess I'm up and running now with my blog and starting the Web 2.0 training. Have to confess to skipping a few bits (namely video watching) through lack of access to various (I should say many) sites at work. I'll have to go back later in the day and fill in the gaps at home or on the public access computers.

I'm so enthusiastic though about this opportunity to get staff upskilled with Web 2.0 technologies. I think the days of basic Internet training being provided in public libraries have really run their course and we need to be expanding our offerings, not only demonstrating an expertise of emerging technologies, but educating library users who may not be up to speed -and yes, I know the Gen Y's know it all and we couldn't possibly be teaching them anything :-)

Time for coffee....



3 comments:

pls@slnsw said...

Yes, I can see you blog :-)
I loved the video I if you have an opportunity don't miss them. I though if I want to show somebody what is a blog the video show me the essence of blog.

Internet and email are still very popular but you are correct there are new opportunities coming our way.

All the best
Ori

micmadmas said...

How exciting, I got a response to my comment. And I still haven't seen the videos - but it really will happen this weekend.

I have been enjoyed looking at other peoples blogs though, and it certainly gets the mind working as to how they can be used in a public library environment.

I'm also impressed with people's innovative blog names. Made me wish I'd been more original!

ciao,

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!