Tuesday, March 4, 2008

It's always a problem knowing when to stop.... choosing my favourite blogs and news feeds for my rss aggregator


I've had some fun choosing rss feeds. Now of course I had to subscribe to the one we were instructed to (yes, I can probably be ticked off on the follow instructions competency)


  1. Powerhouse Museum - Photo of the Day

  2. And then there's the one which is the basis of all our current learning

  3. NSW Public Libraries Learning 2.0

  4. Now to library ones which I think are great:

  5. LibrarianInBlack

    I'm in awe of Sarah Houghton-Jan!

  6. Library Stuff

  7. The Shifted Librarian

  8. Unshelved - Gives the lighter side of library life - cartoon strips

    As the adventure exercise I did have a look at technorati, but feel like I've probably subscribed to as many as I can handle, because to feed my own personal interests I'm hooked up to:
  9. ABC News : Just In -yes, a news junkie I'm afraid, though News Just In may happen just a bit to often and I may have to kill this one off....

    Mind you, there's some good stuff there - a quick stroll down the page took me to an article titled
    Blogging boosts your social life . So I then checked out the article, which claims that

    Blogging can help you feel less isolated, more connected to a community and more satisfied with your friendships, both online and face-to-face, new Australian research has found.

    The research, from Swinburne University of Technology in Melbourne, found after two months of regular blogging, people felt they had better social support and friendship networks than those who did not blog.

  10. Good Living - a foodie from way back - this is one edition of the paper I make sure to get each week

  11. Lifehack.org - because it's full of interesting bits and pieces, things to think about - its a Daily digest and pointer on productivity, getting things done and lifehacks....

  12. The Shallow End - because I really can be totally shallow and superficial (yes, I even watch the Academy Awards)

and it is tempting to get some more, but at the end of the day, fun as there is, there are other things in life other than computers......

Though gotta confess I did do the Quick Pew Quiz as suggested by LibrarianinBlack to find out how techie I am - and to my surprise, the quiz results classified me as an omnivore, a group that is only 8% of the US population (with an average age of 28 and mostly male) Don't exactly fit either of those demographics! :-)

As a total side track, to get this list working properly, because the number kept going astray, I found I had to go back to my old web page creation skills and actually use HTML to edit the page!!

Back to work......

No comments: