Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Wikis - so now I get it!

I've just been watching the video that is part of the Week 5 group of exercises. Found it really helpful - I think I know actually understand when it's better to use a blog than a wiki and vice versa. I did actually set one up a couple of months ago using WetPaint - have a horrible feeling I meant to ask the lovely state library people (mainly Ellen and Mylee) for permission to use some of their messages (and I didn't want to put their content up there without giving due credit).

Idea being, that we get soooo many emails, and there's terrific information there, but I need to be able to access it better than just sticking it in email folders - so, long saga, started a wiki, was very good about it for a while, but then got a bit slack. The problem is, my wiki isn't really taking full advantage of being a wiki, as it's not really a collaborative effort ( though I've had aI could see great uses for wiki's in the library when it comes to a work situation and working on a collaborative document..... have to have a think about this one....

No comments: